Dr. Richard Sherry, the Founder and Clinical Director of Psychological Systems Ltd, is a Consultant Chartered Clinical Psychologist (HCPC reg. and BPS CPsychol) and a Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist (BPC reg.). He is also a specialist in Psychological Clinical Traumatology and an Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Consultant. Much of his lifetime’s work is in understanding how to reverse cycles of trauma to create profound levels of health. His work in psychologically treating vulnerable populations and complex presentations has also taken him around the world.
The exploration and interest in linking ways to think about different scales of processes has led him to development of the Integration, Compassion, Developmental-stepped and Sustainable (ICDS) system, (copyright © 2011-2016), advancing the real goal of actually healing individuals and the social processes they inter-relate with. Integrated Systems Healing and Dr. Sherry’s concept of Integrated Healing (Healing Everything) is a process of linking the spectrum of illness and health dimensionally to find clear points and then processes for positive meaningful change.
Dr Sherry’s particular areas of expertise range from clinical psychology, psychotherapy, psychological trauma treatment, neuropsychology, the interface with technology, all environments, humanitarian health, the psychology of assessments, the psychology of surgery, the psychology of plastic and aesthetic surgery, executive coaching, creativity, art, ethics, the psychology of complex environments and the psychology of space exploration.
Dr. Sherry’s qualifications include: –
- Clinical Psychologist and Counselling Psychologist (HCPC reg.) Health and Care Professionals Council, and (BPS CPsychol, AFBPsS), British Psychology Society
- Doctorate from Middlesex University specialising in Clinical Trauma Psychology
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist (BPC reg.), British Psychoanalytic Council
- Organisational Consultant, The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- Licensed Executive Coach from The Association for Professional Executive Coaching and Supervision (APECS) and (BPS Register of Coaching Psychologists)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Philosophy and Ethics, specialising in Disaster Ethics, (DPMSA), Society of Apothecaries of London
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Consultant (Adults, Children and Adolescents)
- Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT) Practitioner
- Certified in Hypnotherapy from London College of Clinical Hypnosis (LCCH)
- Certificate in Traumatology, European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ESTSS)
Dr Sherry has specialist training and skills in:
- Clinical Neuropsychology, PG Dip (Med Sci), University of Glasgow
- Systems and Family Therapy (family systems training and an MA from the Tavistock Clinic & University of East London in Organisational Consultancy and Systemic Approaches
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Schema Therapy, with extensive training in CBT and Schema Therapy
- Conflict and Disaster Medicine, with one year’s training in conflict and catastrophe medicine, Society of Apothecaries
- Specialist in Disaster Ethics (DPMSA)
- Completed his Fellowship (FAWM) with the Wilderness Medical Society
- Psychology of Surgery – especially General, War, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Deep Space Psychology – understanding high stress, low resource, and high technology hostile environments